About

My photo
PackRatStudios is a studio that specializes in Developing, Building and Painting Action Figures. A one stop shop for action figure needs! Now accepting commisions (Contact:packratstudios(at)gmail.com)

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Steam Punk Iron Man

In 1910 Anthony (Tony) Stark Built a Machine, a Suit he called the IRON MAN. Clad in steel, copper and brass the suit is powered by steam, fueled by the coal burning fire in the chest of the behemoth suit.

If you like this, check me out on FaceBook, 

And give me a like! (link on the right)

Here is a video showing the the flickering light effect:




8 comments:

  1. Amazing work. I tweeted it including the ebay link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.

    Holy mackerel.

    Wow.

    Nice work.

    If I may ask, what did you use for the flickering chest coal-furnace effect?

    PS Especially nice touch, hiding the on/off switch behind a hatch. No modern toymaker would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light effect came from a flickering tea light electric candle. Works wonders for this figure, thanks guys for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have called it Ferrous Gentleman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing attention to detail. This is a wonderful piece of work! Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, absolutely beautiful! I posted a pic and a link to your site, I hope that's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very interesting.. this is good for my collection.

    Sig: Andrew@salon uniforms

    ReplyDelete
  8. What type of paint do you use

    ReplyDelete